We're looking forward to your visit!
Happy New Year! What famous guest has a birthday today, Feb. 1st ?
New Orleans Happenings, January 2015
Krewe du Vieux Parade Route:
- The Krewe du Vieux Parade Route begins on the corner of Franklin Ave. and Royal Street in New Orleans.
- The parade will progress on Royal until it turns left at Frenchmen.
- The parade will proceed on Frenchmen until it turns right on Decatur towards St. Philip.
- At St. Philip St., the parade will turn right for two blocks and then takes a left on Royal.
- It continues on Royal through the French Quarter and turns left on St. Peter.
- Proceeds on St. Peter for two blocks and turns right on Decatur.
- Stays on Decatur, crosses Canal St. onto Magazine in the CBD and takes a left on Gravier for one block and turns right on Tchoupitoulas St.
- Parades on Tchoupitoulas all the way to Julia St. where it takes a right and proceeds on Julia to O’Keefe Avenue
- Takes a right on O’Keefe until it reaches its final destination at O’Keefe and Lafayette St.
Come Discover why The Cornstalk continues to be one of the Hotels with the highest Guest Satisfaction records in New Orleans. Our gorgeous French Quarter Victorian is on the National Register of Historic Places, and is equally as famous as a tourist attraction as it is a Hotel. The 'cornstalk' fence was erected in 1840 by the owner, recently married, who wanted to ease his bride's homesickness for her home state of Iowa. The original owner, Judge Francois Xavier Martin, was Chief Justice of the Louisiana Supreme Court and the author of the first history of Louisiana.
The Cornstalk Hotel has attracted many famous guests that include; Bill & Hillary Clinton, and even the "King" himself...Elvis graced the halls of The Cornstalk.
The Cornstalk features beautifully appointed rooms and all the amenities a guest could hope for. Our historic and welcoming guest rooms with historic & comfortable furnishings will send you back in time.
While we are known for our Victorian charm, we understand the modern business traveler. Our Complimentary Wireless Highspeed Network is encrypted and is compatible with all operating systems. Relax on our balcony and enjoy the sights and sounds of the French Quarter (and check an e-mail or two!).